cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9000 show tech-support

zstamm
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a client on troubleshooting an issue with a Nexus 9K.   Seeing as I do not have direct access to the device, I had him run 'show tech-support' to get all of the information on the device.  On other devices, this makes a large, but manageable text file to get information from.  From the 9k, the file was 2.3GB extracted!  This is too large of a file for any text editor to handle.  What is the best way to get diagnostic information from this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes we do the same, store in the nexus flash or USB, upload to Linux box, start looking with grep or egrep for the looking information.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If show tech-support details  was executed, perhaps in an initial  trouble shooting phase, one could start without the details option.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The command was tac-pac.  I don't have direct access to this device, so getting back in would be tricky.  Is there another way to extract this information from this file?  Is there a tool that can be used to extract this information?  Unix file parsing commands are the only thing I can think of to get info form this file, but that is less than optimal.  

yes we do the same, store in the nexus flash or USB, upload to Linux box, start looking with grep or egrep for the looking information.

BB

OK, I can do that.  I just really thought there would be a better tool for this.

I extracted the running-config with this unix command:

sed -n "/'show running-config'/,/--------------------------------------------------------------------/p" showtech.txt > showrun.txt

If you like you can do many toolsk

grep

egrep

AWK

sed

cat 

so on, you choose best what you can, i do combination of many to match correct what we looking for.

BB