Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Nexus User Tracking Patch CSCtl10414-0

I downloaded this patch today, but I noticed the patch notes include a re-init of the of Campus DB. Does anyone know if this is initialization is mandatory and what data I'll lose?

Thanks,

Step 1. Download the patch to any temporary directory other than NMSROOT.

Step 2. Unzip the patch.

Step 3. Go to the directory where you have extracted the patch files.

Step 4: Run the following command:                 NMSROOT\bin\perl CSCtl10414-0.pl               

Step 5. Once the daemon manager is up, reinitialize ANI Database using the following command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\campus\bin\reinitdb.pl              

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Re: Nexus User Tracking Patch CSCtl10414-0

Yes, the reinit is required to rebuild the structures in the database to allow UT to work with the Nexus switches.  By doing this you will lose the Data Collection information in Campus only.  That will be rediscovered after running a new Campus Data Collection.  All of your device credential, inventory, and configuration data will remain untouched.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Re: Nexus User Tracking Patch CSCtl10414-0

Yes, the reinit is required to rebuild the structures in the database to allow UT to work with the Nexus switches.  By doing this you will lose the Data Collection information in Campus only.  That will be rediscovered after running a new Campus Data Collection.  All of your device credential, inventory, and configuration data will remain untouched.

View solution in original post

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad