cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Devices Found in RME inventory, only in the AM

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Server Config -> Setup -> ANI Server Admin -> Device Synchronization is configured to Synchronize from Essentials only (with everything checked), at 2:17am seven days a week. Status Log is set to Log Details, 1000 Maximum Number of Logged Messages, to anisync.log. Essentials Server Host Name was originally set to localhost, then to the primary IP address of the server, though this seems to make no difference.

When I try to list All Devices in RME -> Syslog Analysis -> Severity Level Summary, or Admin -> Inventory -> List Devices, or Import Status -> Managed, the Java applet seems to choke while repainting, then returns a blank inventory with "No entried found" underneath, despite Import Status showing the correct number of devices managed. Suspended or Not Responding devices all show up fine. This behavior usually stops after 10am.

I suspect it has something to do with the ANI synchronization above, where I see in anisync.log:

2005/05/10 02:17:01 Get device info from Essentials: Call Essentials DeviceListService command=getDeviceCredentials, Essentials host=<server ip address> port=1741 aniName=ANIServer4.2-hostname

2005/05/10 02:17:01 <?xml version="1.0"?>

<request>

<authentication name="admin" pwd="XXXXXXXXXXXXx=="/>

<source>

<host>server.company.com</host>

<product>ANI</product>

<version>3.0</version>

<description>ANI</description>

</source>

<getDeviceCredentials wantsysoid="yes" deviceType="managed">

<deviceInfo>

;

cisco Systems NM data import, source = ANIServer4.2-hostname; Version = 2.0;

;

;

; Columns of the table.

;

Col# = 1; Name = Device name;

;

; Rows of data.

;

+++

long list of device ip addresses here

+++

</deviceInfo>

</getDeviceCredentials>

</request>

2005/05/10 02:18:01 Device info in CSV file:

Error:1

null

2005/05/10 02:18:01 Get device info from Essentials successfully. Number of devices= 1

2005/05/10 05:07:37 Get device info from Essentials: Call Essentials DeviceListService command=getDeviceCredentials, Essentials host=<server ip address> port=1741 aniName=ANIServer4.2-hostname

2005/05/10 05:07:37 <?xml version="1.0"?>

<request>

<authentication name="admin" pwd="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=="/>

<source>

<host>server.company.com</host>

<product>ANI</product>

<version>3.0</version>

<description>ANI</description>

</source>

<getDeviceCredentials wantsysoid="yes" deviceType="managed">

<deviceInfo>

;

cisco Systems NM data import, source = ANIServer4.2-hostname; Version = 2.0;

;

;

; Columns of the table.

;

Col# = 1; Name = Device name;

;

; Rows of data.

;

router1.company.com

</deviceInfo>

</getDeviceCredentials>

</request>

2005/05/10 05:08:37 Device info in CSV file:

Error:1

null

2005/05/10 05:08:37 Get device info from Essentials successfully. Number of devices= 1

The "Error:1 null" stuff sometimes appear en masse until 9:30am, that's usually when I see the No Devices found. On some days, there's very few early in the morning (stops around 5am), then RME lists all devices just fine after 8am.

Another problem is if I click Apply in Server Config -> Setup -> ANI Server Admin, it now always pops up "Check Essentials Server Config" and fails to save the changes made when I log back in.

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Since when are you facing this problem. Was any changes done after which you are noticing this problem. Try giving a restart to the Cisco Works server and check how it works after that.