cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No MIB for Nexus port config characteristics?

ww9rivers
Level 1
Level 1

I looked through all the MIBs supported on Nexus 7K and could not find an object that would tell me if an Ethernet interface is configured to allow auto-negotiation or not.

So I did a test: on the NX-OS command line, I did an snmpwalk starting from "iso", saved the result to file-1.

Then I configured one interface, say Eth2/32, from speed "auto" to 10G. Ran the above command again and saved the result to file-2.

After that, I extracted all the lines in the two files about interface 2/32 using its ifIndex, diff'ed the results and found no difference except for in/out traffic counters.

Does this mean that NX-OS has no SNMP support for stuff like that?

Have I missed something in my experiement?

Is this an indication of Cisco's moving from SNMP to XML based device management?

Details: I run SNMP v2c. The Nexus box is:

Software

BIOS:      version 3.22.0

kickstart: version 5.1(4)

system:    version 5.1(4)

BIOS compile time:       02/20/10

kickstart image file is: bootflash:///n7000-s1-kickstart.5.1.4.bin

kickstart compile time:  12/25/2020 12:00:00 [06/28/2011 23:28:40]

system image file is:    bootflash:///n7000-s1-dk9.5.1.4.bin

system compile time:     5/31/2011 18:00:00 [06/29/2011 00:19:13]

Thanks and regards,

--

Wei Wang

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, but those didn't give me “a-half” or “a-full” like one would get on the IOS CLI, only “half, full, disagree, or auto”. IIRC, the cat6k's I dealt with didn't support MAU-MIB, nor a third candidate MIB I came across--ETHERLIKE-MIB.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mean it's possible to get auto- vs non-auto from SNMP OIDs for non-Nexus, such as IOS)? I couldn't find any when I tried to come up with a similar report for a bunch of cat6k's.

Cat-6K's support the CISCO-STACK-MIB, which has "CISCO-STACK-MIB::portAdminSpeed".

I haven't looked at VSS -- The Cat-6K MIB page has a note saying "Not supported in VSS mode" next to the CISCO-STACK-MIB. Maybe you will have to look at "MAU-MIB::ifMauAutoNegAdminStatus" there.

Yeah, but those didn't give me “a-half” or “a-full” like one would get on the IOS CLI, only “half, full, disagree, or auto”. IIRC, the cat6k's I dealt with didn't support MAU-MIB, nor a third candidate MIB I came across--ETHERLIKE-MIB.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: