Helpful
Replies

Not able to ping my WAN1 from outside RV345p

SergeAlves39811
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm needing help to 

First, I installed successfully an FileZilla FTP server into a windows workstation connected to my network provider equipment. All worked properly from external side to connect to my FTP server.

Then, because I need to share my internet connection between all my workstations, I bought a RV345p.

Since I installed my new RV345p and did the needed ports forwarding, unfortunately I can't access anymore my FTP server.

I found something strange, I can't ping anymore from outside my public IP address configured into the RV345p' WAN1. 

Can this be the issue?

Thank you for advance. 

Serge

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure FW,  referer below guide chapter 9

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AG.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

DueWestIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Serge and BB,

I'm also experiencing this and, quite frankly, I'm surprised that this is the only mention of this on the forum...

BB's "answer" is woefully inadequate because you haven't stated WHAT needs to be done in the firewall to allow an external ping response.

To test if the firewall is responsible for blocking external ping request/responses, I set a rule at #1 to allow ALL traffic from ANY source to ANY destination (temporarily of course, then deleted it after testing) and could still not ping the external WAN1 IP address!

My ISP assures me that ping is not blocked on the account or their services at any point along the path.

Where can this be enabled and limited to specific source IP's if it is not controlled in the firewall?

Cheers,

Philip