Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP and Summer-Time

salemmahara
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone

I want to know if you change your clock configuration each year or not ? I mean what do you do to change the summer-time each year? Because the date and the day will change every year.

I mean, this year the summer-time is : 10 Mar and 3 Nov , Next year it's going to be 11 Mar 4 Nov and ....

BTW, to make my question more clear, is there any way to obtain summer-time without any manual manipulation every year?

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use the "clock summer-time" command to define when your day light sayings starts and finish.  For example, my New Zealand it is:

clock summer-time NZDT recurring last Sun Sep 2:00 1 Sun Apr 3:00

Hello Philip

Thank you for replying

I know the command, but the question is:

Summer Time changes every year. Is there any approach to recurring the time totally automatic ? We have to change the summer-time every year with the command that you mentioned. It's not an optimized choice in environments consist of a lot of devices.

Of course we can go for a network automation to reduce the manual procedure.

There is unlikely to be any timezone that can't be represented by that command.  It is very flexible.  It is improbable you would need any automation tool.

For where you live, what are the rules for when summer time starts and finishes?

Hello again

Let me describe the question clearly :

Imagine our summer-time in 2019 is : 15 March and it ends on 22 Sep

so we will set it like this:

clock summer-time WORD recurring 3 sun march 00:00 4 mon nov 00:00 (just an example)

Next year, it changes to : March 12th of 2020 and will end on 20 Nov

So, we need to change the command to :

clock summer-time WORD recurring 2 Fri march 00:00 2 sat nov 00:00 (just another example)

Now, I'm looking for a command to set the device to recurring its time completely automatic (without changing the command each year).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: