Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Error Logs on Nexus 5K [ ntpd[4746]: ntp:time reset +0.279670 s]

Hi Team,

We are using almost 10 Nexus 5k in our DC currently we are getting same error logs in all Nexus 5k.

" ntpd[4746]: ntp:time reset +0.279670 s " 

Is it major error or just for reset time?........

Please check and let me know if you need any other logs from our switches.

Thanks....

Regards,

Senthil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Senthilkumar

it is just an informational message stating that the NTP timer has been reset which would have been originated from the NTP server and communicated to all the devices connecting to this server

It's an informational message.

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Senthilkumar

it is just an informational message stating that the NTP timer has been reset which would have been originated from the NTP server and communicated to all the devices connecting to this server

HTH,

Alex

saurabhtechec1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

We are using nexus 5k in our DC. Today it gave an alert that it is rebooted. when we checked the logs, it was just an NTP time reset. this has happened earlier also. My concern is, why it is giving reboot alert on every ntp time reset?  Please reply.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hello, I am seeing the same behavior. Monitoring showed that the 5k rebooted and all we see is the NTP time reset. Did you ever find out why this is happening? Did it actually reboot?

Thanks,

Matt

- If it reboots, check your current nx-os version; more recent versions have fixes for this issue

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: