Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS Snmp V3 privacy AES key, snmp filtering requests

laith_mig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I am Trying to configure snmp V3 over nexus 9000 switches running 7.0(3)I1(3), it seems that The priv option (Privacy password )along with the aes-256 is not supported through NX-OS.

can anybody advice me about that as this is required from the customers, and if it is not supported is it on the road map or there is a workaround.

Also about snmp filtering requests it seems that it is not supported too for snmp V3, as I am trying to use the following command:

snmp-server user name [use-ipv4acl ipv4acl-name] [use-ipv6acl ipv6acl-name] 
with reference to the following site:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/6-x/system_management/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_System_Management_Configuration_Guide/sm_9snmp.html#task_122488AA7E8542AE81B2442ACCC43CBA
Thanks
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as far as I know , just AES-256  is not supported .

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

yes ,you are right it is not supported at the moment and I don't see any road map for the support at this time.

you can raise a TAC case to file "product enhancement Request" to have this supported in next release.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Do you mean both (aes-256  and SNMP request filtering ) are not supported yet or just the AES 256?

as far as I know , just AES-256  is not supported .

Thanks-

Afroz