Views
Helpful
Replies

ONT push via syslog to OLT

TWEPC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community.

I've been looking for a way to get a message on an OLT via syslog for a few weeks now. The syslog should receive a message that a new ONT has been attached. Best of course also on which splitter.

Currently I can only configure the syslog in such a way that I see all my SSH commands on the syslog server, but do not get any messages pushed. How do I get notifications about when an ONT reports to the OLT?

BR Tim

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

to my knowledge a ONT/OLT splitter is a passive device (compare with multiple power outlets on a mains wire)
that's why you will never get info in what splitter the device is connected

What OLT device are we talking about ? this may help determining what commands are needed
generally syslog messages can be enabled with a "facility" number
-> check the sent facility configured matches that what your syslog server listens to.

Hello Pieter.

Unfortunately, that's not nice to hear. But thank you for your reply. It is a Genexis OLT based on the same syntax as Cisco OLTs. That's why I asked here.

With Alcatel/Nokia OLTs, messages from ONTs are actively logged. And we would like the OLTs to report to our system, hence the desire for syslog. But if that doesn't work...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: