cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering Compliance with Cisco Prime Appliance

mheick
Level 1
Level 1

How do I go about ordering the Compliance licencse with the Prime appliance?

thanks much,

Mark

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a licensing and ordering guide for PI 1.2 here.

The base appliance is sold without any licenses (Compliance, Lifecycle or Assurance). So you buy the appliance (PRIME-NCS-APL-K9) but you then need to order licenses as necessary for your intended use. Compliance licenses are available in increments as small as 25 devices and as large as 10000 devices (L-PI-12-CM-nn where nn is the licensing tier). You can add multiple licenses to match your needs. Assurance and Lifecycle licenses are the same.

Your Cisco partner of reseller can always create validated configurations and quotes using the Cisco Commerce WorkSpace.

Dear Marvin

hello

tanks for your useful help on Prime Licenseing, actually i have a problem with pirme licensing

my situation is, our customer already have LMS 3.2 and want to upgare ther LMS to new one, i check and found that they have to use Prime Infrastructure 1.2 and they also want to upgarde their device licesne to 6200

the issue is, i found that LMS 4.2 is a part of the PI 1.2 and i have to order BASE LICENSE, LIFECYCLE and LMS 4.2 for them, so i have 2 problem, acording to cisco document on LMS, if i have more than 5000 devices i should install LMS on 2 server but if i want to get license from PAK i should register the PAK with SN and Product ID which they are unique?

another problem: is there anyway to install PI or LMS on more than 1 server for example each region have their LMS

Best Regards

John Mayer

If you are planning to order the 10,000 device license, "applying a single serial license key to more than one server is supported". (Reference) I'm not sure how that applies if you are trying to exactly reach 6200 device license (i.e, 5000 + 1000 + 100 + 100) and balance across the two servers evenly. At the least, you could install the 5000 device license on one server and the rest on a second server. However that's a pretty unbalanced setup and you end up with two distinct and separate installations.

The recommended setup for >5000 device licenses is to either separate the fault management, configuration management etc. functions to a second server (giving you a single integrated solution with all managed devices on a single user interface) or else distribute your (separate) licenses across multiple management domains and run al functions for a given domain on a given licensed server. These alternatives are discussed in the Large Scale Deployment Guide here.

Given the size of investment this represents you may want to contact the Network Management business unit team at Cisco for a more complete exploration of your alternatives. 'ask-lms-team@cisco.com' is the e-mail address. They also have weekly webcasts with Q&A available per the following schedule:

Dear Marvin

thanks for your replay

all things that you said are ok and as you told me they are available in Large Scale Deployment Guid but it base on the LMS 4, but at this time prime 1.2 is replace with it and LMS4.2 is the part of that

you know, actually my issue is: when i want to get my LIC file from PAK or get eval license on Pirme 1.2 cisco ask me to enter Product ID and Serial Number which belong to one server and unique in the network, so now how can i install my LIC on several server for deploying master - slave topology (Distributed Implementation)

Best Regards

John Mayer

John,

LMS 4.2 is not so much "part of" PI 1.2 as it (or rather the license for it) is "included with" PI1.2.

PI 1.2 and LMS 4.2 are still separate products - separately installable on separate servers with no direct interaction between them. So the LMS 4 Large Scale Deployment Guide can still be applied to an LMS 4.2 configuration.

PI has moved to the UDI (Universal Device Identifier) licensing model which more tightly couples a given license to a specific server. LMS is still a more generic license which does not enforce (in software) the association of a given license with a specific server instance. So the license you obtain from Cisco for LMS 4.2 can be installed as appropriate, subject to the product's EULA.

I suggest you contact the Cisco TAC and ask for licensing support if you have questions directly related to your specific purchase and right-to-install the license. They have staff who do this sort of thing all day long as their primary job and can best address the rights for a specific purchased license.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: