Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering LMS 4.2.5 Licenses

hector.ricapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer with Cisco LMS 4.2.5 software and it needs to buy 25 new licenses. I understand I cannot longer order LMS licenses but only Prime Infrastructure. What P/N should I order?

1) When I configure on CCW the P/N: R-PI12-K9 and add 25 lifecycle licenses, It automatically adds this P/N: L-PILMS42-25 (Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 25 Device Base Lic)

2) When I configure on CCW the P/N: R-PI2X-K9 and add 25 lifecycle licenses, It automatically adds this P/N: L-PILMS42A-25 (Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2A - 25 Device Base Lic)

so my questions are:

Any of this P/N will work? which one?

Option 1 seems more exact because is 4.2 instead of 4.2A, but option 1 is about to be EOS

Option 2 is the current P/N but it generate me doubts since it says version 4.2A, is there any difference between 4.2 and 4.2A?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As all LMS feature are still not completely migrated to PI, customers are still allowed to use LMS and hence its Licenses are added by default for existing LMS users.

You will receive two licenses and they can be used for PI and LMS separately.

-Thanks 

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As all LMS feature are still not completely migrated to PI, customers are still allowed to use LMS and hence its Licenses are added by default for existing LMS users.

You will receive two licenses and they can be used for PI and LMS separately.

-Thanks 

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **