Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

OrionNBI process

Hello,

I'm using Cisco Prime Unified Operations Manager 8.7 and in the Process Status list I find a process called "OrionNBI".

Googling it didn't give any search result. There's not any mention of OrionNBI process in any document relied to Operations Manager, or even any Cisco Prime/Ciscoworks product.

Can anybody explain to me what's the purpose of OrionNBI process ? What is its value in the Prime UOM ?

Find attached my Process Status screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Looks like based on the 120 views and 0 responses that there are a few others with the same question

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Guru

UOM is seldom discussed here as it doesn't have widespread adoption in the commercial and end user spaces.

NBI is a Northbound Interface. Orion is the internal name Cisco uses to refer to the NBI in UOM.

A northbound Interface is there so that 3rd party programs can interface with the UOM product via an application programming interface (API). Generally speaking, northbound interfaces are for operational support systems such as orchestration, helpdesk and billing tools. Southbound interfaces are to the managed network equipment.

You will see these terms used increasingly with Software Defined Network (SDN) controllers

Hope this helps the few folks out there with a similar question. Feel free to rate it if it does.

Content for Community-Ad