Helpful
Replies

Pi 1.3 with 1.2 licenses

jfafinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today I install Pi.

My customer bought Pi in May, so it was license for Pi1.2 (L-PILMS42-100)

Today Pi 1.2 is not available in Cisco download, so I downloaded and installed Pi-small_ova-1.3.

I registered PAK on Cisco web site but now when I try to put this license on my Pi 1.3

A message tells me: "UDI of file does not match the system".

Is it really possible to install Pi 1.3 with Pi 1.2 licenses ?

How can I issue now?

Thanks for help

Jeremy

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the license should work if it was generated properly.

The UDI is the Universal Device Identifier. Did you check your system's UDI with the one in the .lic file? You can see the system UDI by going to Adminsitration, Licenses. The .lic file is plain text and you can examine it in any text editor.

On my Appliance NPI 1.3:

==========================

On CISCO website I gave these informations with my PAK:

Pid:

PRIME-NCS-VAPL

SN:

39be42e0-345d-11e3-xxxx-005056b43cfd

======================

Lisence .lic:

INCREMENT PI-LF cisco 1.2 permanent uncounted \
    VENDOR_STRING=100 \
    HOSTID=HOSTNAME=PRIME-NCS-VAPL:39be42e0-345d-11e3-xxxx-005056b43cfd \
    NOTICE="201310140258178641 \

I don't see what's wrong except that lic file has 'Pi 1.2' information

Thanks for your help

I already made a rehost, first time I put:

UID Pid:

PRIME-NCS-VAPL

UID SN:

ENT-CISCO-NPI:39be42e0-345d-11e3-xxxx-005056b43cfd

But it hasn't work, that's why I tried with SN: 39be42e0-345d-11e3-xxxx-005056b43cfd.

But same problem...

Your output above indicates the appliance is "Licensed". Are you trying to add licenses?

If you're rehosting onto a new server, it is easiest if you just contact Cisco licensing via e-mail (licensing@cisco.com) and provde them the details. They will work with you to overcome the problem with the portal.

I guess it's indicated Licenced because i'm in Evaluation. But I can't add my WLC-5508

I try to add this license:L-PI12-LF-100-LIC Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 100 Device Lic PAK

TypeLicensed
VUDIPRIME-NCS-VAPL:ENT-CISCO-NPI:39be42e0-345d-11e3-xxxx-005056b43cfd
Product IdPRIME-NCS-VAPL
Serial NumberENT-CISCO-NPI:39be42e0-345d-11e3-xxxx-005056b43cfd
Device Limit100
Interface Limit150
Device CountAP = 0, Switch = 0, Router = 0, Total = 0
Interface Count0
% Used

0%

% Used (PAM)

0%

NAM|WAAS Count
(Not counted towards License Limit except Special License)
Features

Feature

Type

Limit

Additional Param

Lifecycle

Evaluation (60days)

Assurance

Evaluation (60days)

Controller Licenses

Controller Count0
AP Limit0
TypePermanent

I just did a PI 2.0 completely new installation today.

The licensing was a bit of a pain as the self-service portal would not allow me to enter the proper UDI (refused to parse the colon in the full UDI). I ended up opening a TAC case to the licensing team and they were able to generate properly formed .lic files using their internal licensing tool.

I can confirm that a 1.2 license will work even on a 2.0 server. The customer had purchased the 1.2 SKU and got PAKs associated with it from which we supplied the UDIs to generate licenses. They install just fine on the 2.0 server and the status indicates all the expected lifecycle licenses are in place on the one I just did.

Ryan Jasper
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck?

I found some help by sending a mail at licensing@cisco.com

They generated me both licenses for Pi. In fact license 1.2 can be install without problem on Pi1.3

The problem is when you enter your PAK+Serial. The license file you download contain serial with Upercase instead of lower even if you enter it correctly. And Pi will reject it.

This is the reply from Cisco:

This is an ongoing issue with the online tool wherein the Serial number gets automatically capitalized. Thus, the serial number does not seem to match the UDI on your system even if you entered the correct one.

We are already working with the IT Team in getting this resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Hope this will help,

Jeremy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: