Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.1 and CA Spectrum Integration

mjohnson1914
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Does anyone know if Prime Infrastructure 2.1 can be integrated with CA Spectrum?

Thanks,

Malwan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Malwan,

AFAIk,  PI can't be integrated with CA spectrum , it can only forward alarms to CA spectrum as of now.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Malwan,

AFAIk,  PI can't be integrated with CA spectrum , it can only forward alarms to CA spectrum as of now.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz!  Do you know the process by which they forward alarms to CA?  Is it via SMNP traps?  If so, how would you be able to determine which alarms are sent?  And would I be able to customize that and so only the alarms I want to be forwarded be done so I don't get flooded with alarms that I don't want to see?

Hi Malwan,

First , To have PI server forward traps to a 3rd party product, and this achieved through the use of the
Notification Servers. If you log into PI, and navigate  Administration  >  System
Settings  >  Notification Receivers
, then select Add Notification Server from the drop
down and click Go if the server is not already listed or click in the IP Address of the
server if it is listed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-0/administrator/guide /PIAdminBook/config_server_settings.html#pgfId-1057115

You can see all the traps received under PI server in /opt/CSCOlumos/logs/ncs_nb.log file.

Next step is

We will need to know what traps your devices are configured to send to PI server and then we can add these mibs to your NMS. 

In this case, you will need to load CISCO-IPSEC-POLICY-MAP-MIB (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.172) and its dependencies to the NMS for it to recognise this trap.

You can find the CISCO-IPSEC-POLICY-MAP-MIB mib and its dependencies under below:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mib Name=CISCO-IPSEC-POLICY-MAP-MIB#dependencies 

hope this helps  !!!

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco