Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.1 - Howto push config/image?

Larry Bernard
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy,

I have all my devices in the Device Work Center and most are synching completely. I wanted to start developing templates for devices and figuring out how to push images, minor changes and new fast deployments. When I go to push an image out to a device I get an SNMP write failure error. I don't have SNMP write enabled on any devices, but I assumed that since I provided SSH credentials that PI could use those to push things out. Is that a bad assumption? I can't seem to find any useful documentation on how to configure devices/PI to accomplish these tasks.

Thanks for your time.

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Larry,

Can you check if you have defined the  "SNMP RW" string in PI

if not then add the "snmp rw" and see how it works

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know PI cannot ascertain certain things about the device unless it has SNMP access. It really wants it to be SNMP RW even though, as you note, a given operation such as pushing a cli template might be done via ssh access and the SNMP access really needed is only RO.

I was able to find this whitepaper reference noting the SNMP RW is required for successful management.

You could at least keep it secure by using SNMPv3 with AuthPriv.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card