cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.1 - Router and Switch authentication - Password change

ROBERT T
Level 4
Level 4

All of my network devices have the username/password set under each network device. Is there a way to create a profile, then apply the profile to the network device? I need to change the password that Prime 2.1 uses to log into the devices, but don't want to go into each device and manually enter the new password.

Thanks

Robert

3 Replies 3

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You need to enable cisco device to authenticate credentials under AAA server. Chick below link, it will help.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/fsecur_c/scfathen.html#wp1000979

Regards

saif musa,  I don't believe you understood my question. The routers and swiches already use TACACS for authentication. My Prime server uses a TACACS account to log into the devices.

My question is how can I change the username/password that Prime uses to login to network devices in bulk. I want to change the password that prime uses on multiple devices instead of one at a time.

It doesn't look like PI 2.1 can do what I want. I did upgrade to 2.2 and it does have Credential Profiles.