Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.2.1 lost client troubleshooting

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I seem to have lost the Client Troubleshooting function in 2.2.1 (or an update on it).

It seems that most information for my wireless clients disappeared! I also can't anymore do log analysis on the client.

I don't exactly know when that happened, but probably around the 2.2.1 installation. Check the screenshot! That's all the information and function I have for client troubleshooting.

If I press the Troubleshoot button, it changes the site to show again the same information. I don't have any location history, event history, ....

Do you have the same problem on your installations?

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess I might be affected by this bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut34495

Will check if the workaround applies to me.

Good news, this workaround fixed it for my installation :)

Here some more details:

First I checked where I can find the "offending" file:
ade # find /. -name MonitorResources.properties      
/./opt/CSCOlumos/updates/Wireless_Technology_Pack-2.2.1.0.0.30/.backup/ConvergedAccessUpdate/configFragment_ca/tomcat/webapps/webacs/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/webui/resources/MonitorResources.properties
/./opt/CSCOlumos/updates/Wireless_Technology_Pack-2.2.1.0.0.30/.backup/ConvergedAccessUpdate/configFragment_ca/tomcat/webapps/webacs/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/server/resources/MonitorResources.properties
/./opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/webui/resources/MonitorResources.properties
/./opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/server/resources/MonitorResources.properties
/./opt/CSCOlumos/apache-tomcat-7.0.56/webapps/webacs/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/webui/resources/MonitorResources.properties
/./opt/CSCOlumos/apache-tomcat-7.0.56/webapps/webacs/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/server/resources/MonitorResources.properties

So it seems that when I installed the wireless technology pack, it created a backup of the file. Probably I have the issue since then.

After that I copied the two files as written in the bug description and restarted the service.

ade # <lasses/com/cisco/webui/resources/MonitorResources.properties                 
2758a2759
> client.monitorClientView.Mobility_Agent=Mobility Agent
ade #

<Olumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/server/resources/MonitorResources.properties
<classes/com/cisco/server/resources/MonitorResources.properties               
2756a2757
> client.monitorClientView.Mobility_Agent=Mobility Agent

ade # Cd /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/
ade # ./wcsadmin.sh -v stop;./wcsadmin.sh -v start

You fixed your own problem, someone should give you points for that  :-)

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: