cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.2 Monitoring Policies

Richard Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I have created port groups and used the criteria of description used on network interfaces to categories the interfaces into functions, WAN facing, Internet facing etc.

I was hoping to then create Monitoring Policies to then use for each of the port groups I have created.

My end goal was to be able to generate critical alerts for when one of the interfaces in my specific port groups went down or had an issue and then tell PI to not alert for any other interface up/down event it saw. Therefore only getting critical alerts for interfaces I care about.

The problem I have is when creating the Interface Monitoring Policy there is no option to set the condition for Interface availability.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this or another way of doing it so I only get critical alerts for interfaces I care about and not for any of the other interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

mikaelbje
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to work around this by setting a threshold on Input/Output Utilization to 1%, but this obviously doesn't work for 10 GB links as the normal condition is often below 100 Mbit.

I sent an Enhancement Request to our PM. It's just stupid that this feature is missing.

mikaelbje
Level 1
Level 1

DUPLICATE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: