Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.3 - internalSchedule Job Issue

nixpengu1n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, all

I've recently installed PI 3.3 and configured it (as much as possible) according to Admin and User Guide. However I am facing with a strange Job Scheduler issue - some job is keep failing and giving me this error:

jobError.png

However under Administration -> Job Dashboard I can not see any failed jobs. Everything is green or on stop. Does anyone come across such issue? My problem is - I am a bit confused where to check this job and modify / stop it (as it seems this is some internal PI job).

Thank you in advance.

17 Replies 17

kkolander
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone an explanation or a solution for this problem?

I see 18 people have this problem too.

Regards

mpofut0901
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Prime Infrastructure 3.3.1 Maintenance Release file PI_3_3_1-1.0.15.ub and the issue has been resolved now:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3-1/release/notes/cpi_rn.html

Thanks

I am experiencing this same issue as well using Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.4 build 3.4.0.0.348.  Latest Device Pack 3.  Same issue.  Anyone able to fix their issue with this?

jegan_rajappa
Level 1
Level 1
I am seeing same problem in 3.4.0.

I discovered my issue was happening due to I had a node that was not polling properly.  After I corrected the issue with the faulty node, this went away.  Recommend checking your nodes to make sure they are all polling correctly.

What change did you made in your polling config?

ferenc.vissers
Level 1
Level 1

Experienced same in PI 3.4.1 and now in 3.5.

Hi,

Same on version 3.8

Regards.

Hi,

is there any update on this? I am also running PI 3.8, the inventory is up to date, so there doesn't seem to be an impact on services, apart from the major alarm.

Kind regards,

Katerina

Hi,

is there any update on this? I am also running PI 3.8, the inventory is up to date, so there doesn't seem to be an impact on services, apart from the major alarm.

Which device parameters need to be checked to get rid of this ?

Kind regards,

Wini

Never got an answer, fix, etc. PI was part of a lab that has since been re-purposed, so it was never pursued further from my end.

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

we just moved to 3.10 and it is STILL occurring. Come on Cisco - fix it already. How many releases are you going to push before you actually look at what your customers are asking for?

Hello,

is that the same 'job failed three consecutive times' error message ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: