cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.9 upgrade question

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

still doing some reading on this but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet,. so I figured I'd ask.

we are currently on 3.7 so we get to go through all the fun of a new VM. Our vm is currently deployed as "express" (this pre-dates me being with this company). I would like to have the new VM deployed as standard because I want the compliance tool.

my question is, is this an acceptable choice as far as the upgrade/migration? Or must the deployment be the same (IE-staying with the express option)?

again, I'm still reading and this may be mentioned in the docs

thanks

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I don't think that scaling up will be a problem, take note however of this paragraph in :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/release/notes/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_0_Release_Notes.html

>..

If your existing Prime Infrastructure is 3.7.x or 3.8.x, and your upgrade path contains 3.4.x or earlier versions, then you cannot in-line upgrade that server to Prime Infrastructure 3.9 due to security vulnerabilities in the underlying Red Hat 6 installation. You will need to take a backup of the Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x or 3.8.x server, deploy a fresh Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server, and restore that backup into the Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server.

The benefits in this case that using or playing with vm's gives easy testing options w.r.t your question without too much impact and or fallback to current prime installation(s).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: