Views
Helpful
Replies

PI not start - java error

Ralf Boehm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got a java error, see the following text, if I tried to start ncs or check status:

ncs status
Exception in thread "main" java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Scanner.java:862)
        at java.util.Scanner.next(Scanner.java:1371)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.parseXmlFile(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:232)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.parseXmlFile(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:214)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.<init>(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:194)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.getInstance(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:203)
        at com.cisco.packaging.HMAdmin.initHealthMonitorApi(HMAdmin.java:409)
        at com.cisco.packaging.HMAdmin.hmServerStatus(HMAdmin.java:302)
        at com.cisco.packaging.HMAdmin.status(HMAdmin.java:172)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.status(WCSAdmin.java:1053)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.status(WCSAdmin.java:1026)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.runMain(WCSAdmin.java:314)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.main(WCSAdmin.java:1493)

The problem was, the file

/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml

was empty. For my luck, I found a copy in the same directory:

haSettings_bkup.xml

Copy this file to haSettings.xml, and all works fine. I do not know, why these file was empty.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, sure, I have do this befor. Have enough space. The solution is: The problem was, the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml was empty. For my luck, I found a copy in the same directory: haSettings_bkup.xml Copy this file to haSettings.xml, and all works fine.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...

>I do not know, why these file was empty.

- Check for possible disk space issues ; connect via SSH  and issue

admin # show disks

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello, sure, I have do this befor. Have enough space. The solution is: The problem was, the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml was empty. For my luck, I found a copy in the same directory: haSettings_bkup.xml Copy this file to haSettings.xml, and all works fine.

Hi!

@Ralf Boehm 

Could You paste that config file here so other can see?

I might have the same issue, but I do not have backup of this file.

Hello, that would be not help you. Because the file contains a authenticationKey and a sharedKey. And these are not the same for your installation. MfG Boehm

My setup is standalone @Ralf Boehm

Please share, You can remove any important details, I have no choice.

Seems disk space issue overwritten it... and there is a bug to address this :

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuy39464

Hello, ok, here is the content of the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml: All information, like keys etc., are replaced with "X". We have only a standalone installation, but this file is necessary. MfG Boehm

Sorry, Ihave forgot the file. :-/ When use, remove "txt" at the end of the filename.

Thank You @Ralf Boehm !

My prime infrastructure is back up! No issues with licenses either, will let You know if anything is incorrect, so far so good, so this will be helpful for others later ;)

Hello, Please let me know. where can I find the directory /opt/...
and where i can place this file?

How I can copy and paste this file in /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/

Hello, have you a file? If yes, you have to login via ssh. Then call the cmd "shell". Then change to the directory "/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config". Use vi to create the file. MfG Ralf Boehm

after create the file whatis next? I already have this file exist haSettings.xml with 0 size.  Need help to make prime work.

masiyus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Please let me know. where can I find the directory /opt/...

Hello, you have to login via ssh. Then call the cmd "shell". Then change to the directory "/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config". There must be the file "haSettings.xml". MfG Boehm
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco