Views
Helpful
Replies

PI1.4 Manage with Warnings

Wei Kwong Ong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I  am new to Prime Infrastructure, after the PI version 1.4 discovered the  network, the Collection Status of the switch is "Manage with Warnings". The error is shown in the attached picture below.

What is the reason of this error? How to solve it? FYI, I have patch PI 1.4 to 1.4.0.45

collectionstatus_failed.png

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wei,

As i known, the device's config should be asked for its username and password by Telnet or SSH, the snmp just get the device's basic information, such as device name、interface etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tira li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wei kwong Ong,

As i known,  maybe you should first check whether the device type or version is listed in the PI1.4 Support Devices, and then make sure the credentail is correct.

Regards

Tira

Hi Tira,

Yes I have checked from

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12239/products_device_support_tables_list.html

and the devices are supported.

Yes the SNMP credential is correct, the snmp config is shown as below, but I am not sure whether it is correct or not.

Hi Wei,

As i known, the device's config should be asked for its username and password by Telnet or SSH, the snmp just get the device's basic information, such as device name、interface etc.

Thanks tira! Now the collection status is "Managed".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: