cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please explain this Inbound Current & Total In and also Outbound Current & Total In?

tharindu_s
Level 1
Level 1

Please explain technically this graph which I received from ISP. Question is above subject. Thanks! Tharindu

1 Reply 1

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

That is an RRD graph, and looking at the colour scheme I'd hazard a guess that it is taken from the cacti monitoring tool.

https://www.cacti.net/

As for the stats, the Total value is the sum of the values for the time period displayed in the graph. So in an eight day period you received 66.88GB and transmitted 113.63GB of traffic out of the monitored interface.

The current value is the value of the latest time slice. The larger the time period being displayed the larger the time slice will become as you lose fidelity. On an 8 day graph, my guess is that a single slice is probably 15 minutes. So you have an average 6.70Mb inbound traffic over the current time slice (which we believe to be 15 minutes).

cheers,

Seb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: