cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Cycle Up and Down Troubleshoot Problem

markliceralde
Level 1
Level 1

Okay I got a  Question, What could be the reason why a Port goes from up to down 400 times? does it have something to do with the physical connection? or the port iteself is defective on the switch? or does it have to do with the client?

I used show interface but there  was no Error bits showing up? what should i Look for when I encounter this kind of problem?

461: Switch: %LINK-SP-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to up

461:     Switch: %LINK-SP-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to down

461:     Switch: %LINEPROTO-SP-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to up

461:     Switch : %LINEPROTO-SP-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to down

435:     Switch : %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to up

435:     Switch : %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to down

435:     Switch : %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to up

435:     Switch : %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet4/38, changed state to down

Thank you for your Support!

Regards,

Mark

Appreciate it! Regards, Mark
1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can't say much because your logs doesn't have the time-stamps.

What is connected to this port?

Can you post the output to the following commands:

1.  sh interface f4/38;

2.  sh counter interface f4/38

Not sure what you have but I don't think your appliance supports TDR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: