cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portchannel SFP Mix

cmoralesh83
Level 1
Level 1

I stablished a portchannel between a Stack of switches 2960X and a pair of 4500 in VSS. This portchannel uses 4 TenGig ethernet optical interfaces (2 in the 2960X stack and 1 on each 4500) using this tranceiver SFP-10G-AOC5M.

Due to a better design we require to move one 4500, to another location in the same buiding not far. But for the distance it is necesary to change the transceiver to this one SFP-10G-SR on both ends, one will be place in the remote 4500 and one in the 2960 stack. My question is ¿having a portchannel with 2 different tranceivers in it (SFP-10G-AOC5M and SFP-10G-SR) will have an impact on the operation?, ¿will it even work?. Should I change all the tranceivers to only one type of them  in order for this to work?

Any information will be apreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Khalil
Spotlight
Spotlight

Helllo @cmoralesh83,

The physical interfaces do not matter as long as the speed is the same. So your SFPs will not have any impact on the port channel! 

It will work fine!

Please don't forget to rate all helpful responses and mark it as a solution! 

Bst Rgds,

Andrew Khalil 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Andrew Khalil
Spotlight
Spotlight

Helllo @cmoralesh83,

The physical interfaces do not matter as long as the speed is the same. So your SFPs will not have any impact on the port channel! 

It will work fine!

Please don't forget to rate all helpful responses and mark it as a solution! 

Bst Rgds,

Andrew Khalil