cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portchannel utilization (HUM - lms4)

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create a report for portchannel utilization?

I was thinking on reworking the interface utilization template and using the ifIndices in the formulae (The indices refers to the used ports in the channel)

something like inputPortUtil = (ifInOctets.index1 + ifInOctets.index2 + ...) * 8 * 100 / ifSpeed etc...

Will this work ? (However, the poller needs the instances which are already used in my formule)

If I use the interfaceUtilisation as defined by the system, and I select the used instances in the poller, the report will contains the seperated ifUtils of the members of the portChannel (my selected instances). They are not summed in one graph.

Jan

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically, a Port-Channel interface is used to configure the aggregate links.  Are you able to monitor this as a separate interface in Device Performance?  That would be the only way to produce a report showing aggregate channel utilization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: