Helpful
Replies

prevent one EEM from triggering another one

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a router with 2 running EEM scripts: daily_restart and triggered_restart

Basically it shut/no shuts a tunnel interface.

The first one is triggerd by the clock, the second one is triggered by a BGP DOWN event.

The "problem" now is that when the daily script runs, it resets a tunnel interface and this causes also a BGP down event and as a consequence, the second script is also triggered and the tunnel is reset again. so both scripts are triggered. how to prevent this ?

can the daily_restart one disable the second EEM while it is running and after a delay, enable it again ?

but i find it dangerous removing and adding events. If that goes wrong, the polcies don't run at all.

or can i say that the second script run one BGP down, except between 1 am and 1am+5  (when the daily is triggered for example)

regards,

Geert

1 Reply 1

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Maybe instead of having two scripts which contain the actions to bounce the tunnel interface, you configure the daily_restart applet to create the syslog message which triggered_restart is monitoring the log buffer for?

!
event manager applet daily_restart
  action 1.0 syslog message "BGP_DOWN foo"
  …
!
!
event manager applet triggered_restart
  event syslog pattern "BGP_DOWN foo"
   …
!

cheers,

Seb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: