Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.2 and 2960-X Edit Switchport Config all grayed out

Robert Passlow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Prime 2.2 deployed and working well for our 4500X's and 2960-S's however for a pile of 2960X-24PD-L and 48-FPD-L when we go Configure -> Network Devices -> <switch> and select "Switchports" to make changes for example to the access VLAN of the port, everything on the page is grayed out.

The other 2960-S and 4500X's allow us to change, inventory and sync is completing properly - any ideas?

Rob

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

if you are on 2.2 , then installed the device pack "pi_2.2_device-pack_2-24.ubf" and check the issue.

Download link::

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286236028&flowid=72882&softwareid=286208063&release=2.2.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz appreciate you getting back to me so quickly, already have device pack 2.24 on the instance unfortunately.

Initially the 2960X would not display Switchports under the configuration tab however after a restart of NCS and a full sync, it did (yes I had rebooted post device pack install) however it just shows port information greyed out.

On the 3750X if you edit a gigabit switchport, some ports will show greyed out, others are editable.

It's like its read only which doesn't make sense?

Rob

Thanks for updating the thread.

try to delete and re-add one of the 3750x device

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Deleted and re-added 3750X, 4500X and 2960X and still same behaviour, 4500X is perfect as it was.

Are they in a stack?

I've had some issues with 3850 stacks and the TAC confirmed it's a PI 2.2. software problem and will need a yet-to-be-released update to remedy the problem.

I'll log a TAC case over it and see what they stay, stay tuned - no they're not stacked