Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.2 Device already exist

b001348
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody

Since several month we are using the Prime version 2.2 and everything went fine. Now I have the problem that I cannot add any new device. The system responses always "The device already exists". But that is not the case.

I already restarted the NCS and I made a NCSCleanup too, but without any success.

The Prime version is as follows:

Wireless Technology Pack Prime Add-Ons 1.0.0 Installed
PI 2.2.1 POODLE Fix Critical Fixes 1.0.0 Installed
PI 2.2.2 Maintenance Release Critical Fixes 1.2.0 Installed
Patch to disable 3DES Critical Fixes 1.0.0 Installed
Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 2 Device Support 2.0 Installed
Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 3 Device Support 3.0 Installed
Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 4 Device Support 4.0 Installed
Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 5 Device Support 5.0 Installed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If this is a new installation and you have a Good Backup then i would advise to re-installed and restore the backup.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If this is a new installation and you have a Good Backup then i would advise to re-installed and restore the backup.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi is this the only fix restore the whole of Prime ?? we have the same issue effecting some ips seems a bit of major thing to do to fix such a small issue , this prime is a piece of xxxx this is third bug/problem we have ran into in a few weeks alone.

Hi Mark,

there could some other possible solution available but that need to be checked with the developers after looking at the debug logs. If  there is any issue , you can contact TAC to see if there is anothe solution available for the same.

Thanks-

We get a response from the TAC for  that problem. There is a bug with the ID:  

CSCuu30735 :PI 2.2 - not able to add devices after restoring backup from PI 2.1.

It is a Sev2 bug and a fix is expected

This bug occurs in freh installatiuons too. 

New install and rstore a good backup is the only solution at moment  >:-o

thanks for updating us ..

Yes thanks I have a case open as well with TAC from earlier , I have just sent them that asked them to confirm if were hitting the same appreciate it

Same issue(s) here. Crazy. 

We had it out with TAC the other day confirmed it was the bug supplied above  , they say its there highest priority issue and are working on a fix , something to do with a particular ios imported thats causing it but they cant replicate it yet fully in there labs , literally we have now hit 4 bugs and we haven't even launched it in production and half the features are not working either like compliance reporting , we refused to rebuild it ,no point until we know the exact trigger , we started on a completely fresh build whats to say we wont hit it again.We also rolled back to a backup 6 weeks back and still the same issue so its basically there since we started working , lucky we still have Ciscos other great software tool LMS still running :)

We were running the basics and then upgraded, imported some devices and BOOM, things stopped working. Can't create virtual domains, delete devices, added devices, etc. etc. Dead in the water for now. 

Same Problem here.

I installed Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 6 last week but did not reboot until 2 days ago.  Some facts for Cisco TAC engineers or developers....

(1) Prime 2.2 was an upgrade from Prime 2.1.

(2) Installed 2.2 Device Pack 6 but did not reboot right away

(3) 20 + new devices were added after install using manual "Add Device" process. 

(4) Rebooted the VM 2 days ago. Performed Database cleanup process too.

(5) Today, no new devices were able to be added using following methods.

a. Manual "Add Device" process.

b. "Buld Import" process using .csv file

c. Inventory "Discovery" process with discover settings

Could anyone confirm "Correct Answer" for this issue is really a correct answer? We do not want to rebuild without solid confirmation. 

Thanks in advance.

I'm also having the same issue.  Has anyone been able to confirm if a patch is supposed to be released to resolve this issue?  Performing a rebuild is not a good solution.  

Yes there working on a patch but they will not release an eta to the public yet

Hi all,

We had the same problem. After we contacted cisco TAC they have found a fix for this problem. They applied the fix on our Prime installation. After they replaced a file and  restarted Prime we could add new devices again.

So I would suggest contact cisco TAC for the solution.

I also got the information that the fix is available in the new release which is due in September.

Can you provide the FIX they supplied ? as we have gone throughTAC and to our Cisco account manager and were still waiting on a fix , we were told around September for v3.0 the patch would be in

The bug is still even showing on there website as blocked from public view so its still open

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: