Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.2 virtual "Wrong PID in Licence file"

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi team,

We asked for PID and serial number. What is this meaning? We installed the Prime Infrastructure 2.2 as a VM at an ESXi5.5 on UCS hardware.
Should we use the hardware PID and serial or the VM PID and serial? In both cases we got an error while installing the license (Wrong PID in license file)!

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

The problem is that when the license is generated, the fields for UDI Product ID and UDI Serial Num are still mandatory, and filling in random values will not generate a good license.

For the license to be properly generated, the known format of PID and Serial number must be preserved, although the actual values will not be checked.

If the format was not preserved, when the user uploads the license he will prompted with error "Wrong PID in license file"

wrong.PNG

The format of UDI Product ID should always be "PRIME-NCS-VAPL" and the UDI Serial Number should be of format "<hostname>:<serial>"

Here are examples of PID and serial number that can generate a succesful license for PI 2.2

UDI Product ID: PRIME-NCS-VAPL

UDI Serial Num: prime:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

UDI Serial Num: 0:0

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings  Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue.

All informations you need to activate the license are shown here: Administration -> Appliance (UDI Box)

Greetings

Falk

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

The problem is that when the license is generated, the fields for UDI Product ID and UDI Serial Num are still mandatory, and filling in random values will not generate a good license.

For the license to be properly generated, the known format of PID and Serial number must be preserved, although the actual values will not be checked.

If the format was not preserved, when the user uploads the license he will prompted with error "Wrong PID in license file"

wrong.PNG

The format of UDI Product ID should always be "PRIME-NCS-VAPL" and the UDI Serial Number should be of format "<hostname>:<serial>"

Here are examples of PID and serial number that can generate a succesful license for PI 2.2

UDI Serial Num: prime:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

UDI Serial Num: 0:0

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings  Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi There , 

We installed PI 2.2 OVA on  ESXi5.5 for one of our customers. Now we are trying to generate the license , but we need to get the VUDI. we can't find it on the prime GUI.  as you can see it on the snapshot in attach. 

as i can see, if the temporrary license ends i will lose access to the GUI !!! . 

how could i get this VUDI ?? is there a mean to find it on the ESXi VM ??? 

please help me on this . 

thank you 

Falk Fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue.

All informations you need to activate the license are shown here: Administration -> Appliance (UDI Box)

Greetings

Falk

Hi Falk,

I can generate a succesful license for PI 2.2.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

What if you cant go anywhere.  We had a license expire and now you cannot do anything in Prime except add a license.  Chicken and Egg'd here.  Very frustrating.  There should be a way to get this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: