Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.0 cli templates with condition

Hi all,

is it possible in Prime infrastructure 3.0 to create CLI templates which are only applied if a certain condition is true (or not)?

The specific use-case I'm asking for is creating port-channels with templates. The customer would like this template to check if the interfaces are already in a channel-group before anything is configured.

I guess if this is possible at all, it will require user-defined variables. As far as I know you can add them using EJB QL, but I'd like to avoid this if there's a simpler way to realize that.

Any input is appreciated, thank you all in advance.

br,

Christoph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark Malone
VIP Mentor

Yes you can you need to build your template to go out and run the checks first against each device and then when it sees what you have set you can make it configure or even remove current config

The custom compliance template will need to be mapped to a profile

I have reports running that go out check the snmp config and if its incorrect removes v2 and replaces with v3 among others there quite flexible

create the job and policy and apply to the profile , this is just example of finished job below I ran to go out check acls and update if there was an issue with certain ones

Job Details
Job Name Dual ACL 5 196 Test Job     Scheduled at 19/10/2015 01:26     Policy Profile Name ComplianceProfileEMEA
Job Status Completed     Completed At 19/10/2015 01:27     Associated Policies 13
Job Id 95069855     Last Run Result Success     Devices(Audited/Non-Audited)  1/0
Job Type Compliance Audit Job     Owner mmalone        
Violation Summary by Policy
Policy Name Selected Rules Compliance State Violation Count Instance Count Highest Priority Ignore Count
Test Compliance ACL196 1 Success 0 0   0
Test Compliance ACL 5 1 Success 0 0   0

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark Malone
VIP Mentor

Yes you can you need to build your template to go out and run the checks first against each device and then when it sees what you have set you can make it configure or even remove current config

The custom compliance template will need to be mapped to a profile

I have reports running that go out check the snmp config and if its incorrect removes v2 and replaces with v3 among others there quite flexible

create the job and policy and apply to the profile , this is just example of finished job below I ran to go out check acls and update if there was an issue with certain ones

Job Details
Job Name Dual ACL 5 196 Test Job     Scheduled at 19/10/2015 01:26     Policy Profile Name ComplianceProfileEMEA
Job Status Completed     Completed At 19/10/2015 01:27     Associated Policies 13
Job Id 95069855     Last Run Result Success     Devices(Audited/Non-Audited)  1/0
Job Type Compliance Audit Job     Owner mmalone        
Violation Summary by Policy
Policy Name Selected Rules Compliance State Violation Count Instance Count Highest Priority Ignore Count
Test Compliance ACL196 1 Success 0 0   0
Test Compliance ACL 5 1 Success 0 0   0

View solution in original post

Hi Mark,

thank you. I'll have a look at that, it seems to be quite useful generally.

br,

Christoph

Yes its pretty good , definite step up from LMS but does take bit to get used to , but once your profiles and policy's are built it makes things so much easier , roll out an acl to few hundred devices at once or just alter it , cuts down on huge amount of time for smaller jobs like that