cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.1.5 - Goes mad and keeps notifying about past events and becomes slow

straumland
Level 1
Level 1

After updating to Prime Infrastructure 3.1.5 it sometimes starts sending email notifications about (in my case) switches being unreachable. I check it out and the switch is reachable and nothing out of the ordinary happening. The Prime user can log on to the switch even while it's complaining about it being down.

The switches, that Prime is sending notifications about, have it in common that they were "down" recently. Sometimes Prime didn't even send notifications about the switch being unreachable when it was but then much later it starts sending out notification about it being "down" although it isn't

This morning I woke up with 120 emails about switches being unreachable and then reachable. Last night it was also complaining about the same switches while I was logged into them trying to figure out what was going on.

When this happens Prime becomes really slow in responding to https and finally I give up and reload it and then it starts behaving normally for a few days. 

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm running the Prime Infrastructure Professional version on Cisco UCS server running VMware 

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've heard nothing but bad things about the 3.1.5 update. I'm advising my customers to stay with 3.1.4 while Cisco sorts out the numerous issues.

If you have already upgraded then I recommend restoring to 3.1.4 using a snapshot. 

If you don't have a snapshot then I'd go straight to TAC. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card