cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.1.5 unreachable alerts

Y C
Level 1
Level 1

We went from 3.1.4 to 3.1.5 in an effort to fix other un-related issues and it seems ICMP Reachability alerts have stopped working. Nothing has changed as far as alarm / alert configs go. 

Previously when a devices management IP becomes unreachable Prime would (within a few to several minutes) trigger an alarm and send out the email. Now when a device goes down it will still show as reachable until inventory collection runs (set to once a day at 10pm I believe). It will then be marked unreachable but still no event or alarm raised.

I could have the snmp alarms not configured right, but I don't want to depend on them. I want to be able to use ICMP Reachability alarms as was previously working. As much as I hate to say it and cringe, I miss my alarms....

3 Replies 3

1) You may want to see if your alarm configurations are intact after your upgrade.

2) Enable debugs, re-produce the issue, download the debugs and take a look at it to see whats going on. Look at the ncs-0-0.log in particular.

As far as I can tell the configs look the same. I don't see "ICMP Unreachable..." anywhere in Prime, just SNMP Unreachable. It was either removed in MR5, or is inherent and built in.

Debugs? Do you mean logs? Which module do alarms fall under? I didn't see an obviously labeled one.

For anyone that may stumble upon this later... turns out the Switch Status job was paused. A few other jobs are paused too... I'll have to figure out what I do and don't need. What an odd thing for an update to do though.