cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.2 Upgrade

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have got Prime upgraded on my secondary server, however to do so I had to make it a primary. Now I cannot seem to make it a secondary again by using the shell command. What am I missing here?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may also want to explain, what happens exactly, which errors are you encountering, etc....

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

When we kicked off the upgrade it errored out and told us that we could not install the upgrade on a secondary server, even though HA had already been broken. So I found an article around the same kind of error and went into the shell command and changed the role to primary and then the upgrade took. Now the issue is that I cannot find a way to change it back to secondary. I went into the shell and attempted the same thing to change to role back to secondary but I get an error saying that the hamode.sh cannot be run with any arguments.

I have gone back through all the documentation on setting Prime up as a secondary and the only thing I can find is that it needs to be done during setup. I have attempted to enter the setup command at login and that does not work, so I am to to the point of how do we get this server back to secondary?

- Perhaps the link below may provide inspiration :

https://wirelessforccie.com/2015/04/04/how-to-convert-cisco-prime-infrastructure-primary-server-to-a-secoundary-server/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I did that process to change it to Primary. If I attempt to change it over to secondary, I receive a message stating that the command cannot be used with any arguments.

wago95
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I see same probleme after upgrade.

I resolved after edit  script /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/hamode.sh and replace with script present on 3.1 version.

After execute sequence:

# ./hamode.sh secondary

type yes.

And restart NCS (ncs stop, and  ncs start)

Serveur go to secondary serveur and its ok for HA.

==> Attached file with script. Just change extension with .sh or replace by content.