Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime DCNM 6.1(2) - LAN client not working

Gabor Terjeki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I've recently installed a Prime DCNM 6.1(2) to a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64 bit version. It seems to be working fine, apart from the DCNM-LAN client.

If I login with the Java client, I got the GUI, however it remains blank - I can see the menu, but no data at all. It seems it cannot cummunicate with the DCNM server. DCNM-SAN client, the WEB client and the Device manager works fine, but I just cannot make this work.

Tested it from Win2k3 SP2, Windows 7, and the server itself, with Java 1.6.31, 1.6.37, 1.7.13.

Tried to install DCNM on our LAB as well, but I've experienced the same.

Any hints appreciated!

Kind regards,
Gabor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gerhard.vogler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gabor,

I had the same problem. After starting a deep discovery from the web client the Java client was filled up with data.

Regards,

Gerhard

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gerhard.vogler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gabor,

I had the same problem. After starting a deep discovery from the web client the Java client was filled up with data.

Regards,

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks a lot, that did the trick!

Kind regards,

Gabor

hellow

i'm yun choul jung in korea

i had read your post about DCNM at cisco support community

in your post

"I had the same problem. After starting a deep discovery from the web client the Java client was filled up with data."

i dont understand about deep discovery

please advise to me

thanks in advance

Hi yun choul jung,

for a deep discovery dcnm needs snmpv3 access to the nexus switch. In the web interface go to Admin>Data Sources and choose the switch(es) you want to do deep discovery. Mark the switches and go to edit (Picture dcnm1). In the next window mark the switches and apply (Picture dcnm2).

Regards,

Gerhard

gerhard

thanks for your reply

i resloved the issue by your advise

i heartily thank you again

Hi All,

I also have  met this issue! However, I want to know whether the deep discovery must need SNMPV3 or not. My client just gave me the N7K username and password, I used the information to discovery the N7K successfully and the dcnm-lan client still can't display anything.

DCNM version is 6.1(2) and window platform is win 2008 R2 standard 64 bit

Thx in advance!

After setting the SNMPv3, we still find nothing in the dcnm-lan client as given below:

Regards,

Tira

消息编辑者为:tira li

Hi Tira,

in 2.jpg the status is "enable deep discovery". That means, that you still haven't enabled deep discovery. Look at picture dcnm3. If deep discovery is enabled status "managed" is displayed.

Regards,

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Thx for your timely help!

You are right, when I click the "enable deep discovery", I found I also set the optional enable password with device,  the DCNM-LAN client can't display anything.

So the conclusion is that it's necessary to use SNMPv3 to discovery Nexus-OS.

Thx very much!

Regards,

Tira