Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infra Software image update failed Cat 9300

Nils 86
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

we have some problems with the software images activation in Prime infrastructure 3.4.

We want to update a C9300-24T with IOS 16.6.2 to  16.6.3, the deployment job works fine and the file is copyed to the switch.

but when we want to install the software with a "activation" job, it always fails with this error message:

Failed to update the boot configuration in the device. Details:- Installation fails as failed files available, for next run select "Erase" option to remove failed files so installation may get successful. Software install command execution Failed:Error occured while executing the command install add file flash:cat9k_iosxe.16.06.03.SPA.bin activate commit.Command Output : install_add_activate_commit: START Tue May 29 08:54:12 MESZ 2018install_add_activate_commit: Adding PACKAGEFAILED: install_add_activate_commit : Super package already added. Add operation not allowed. 'install remove inactive' can be used to discard added packages

has anyone an idea?
'install remove inactive' doen´t not resolv the problem

thanks & greets
Nils
5 Replies 5

Jan Gilhooley
Level 1
Level 1
Any answer to this? I have exactly the same problem upgrading a stack of 9300s from 16.6.3 to 16.11.1.
Jan

hi jan,

there was no answer to my question,
the upgrade from 16.6.6 to 16.9.4 with prime 3.5 works now... maybe its a problem with prime 3.4 ..

regards nils

To be fair - I was using first DNA Centre, then the switch stack web interface, then the CLI - all give the same result. I havent actually tried Prime, but something tells me it will be the same result.

Dear All,

I ve the same issue when we tried to udpdate c9300 24t from 16.09.04 to 16.12.04 with cisco prime 3.9.1 !!

help will be appreciate.

Regards

JesusReyes
Level 1
Level 1

I have the PI 3.9.1 and i had the same problem

I try to upgrade but first time fail in the activation. The second time previously i executed the command "install remove inactive", next i tried to distribuited and activate using the PI and the upgrade was succesfully.

The SW was 9300-40

New Version: Bengaluru 17.6.3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: