Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 LobbyAmbassador login error

Thomas Husum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

After updating my NCS to Prime Infrastructure 1.2 yesterday, my LobbyAmbassador users get an annoying error at login.

First login was fine - it loads the Guest User List, but a new message pops up because of a new Evaluation License for Cisco Prime Assurance manager that expires in XX days.

If you click "Do not show on startup" to this message, at next login you get an error; "You do not have access to the page 'Monitoring Dashboards'".

After this error you have a blank page. Then you have to go to user preferences and click list guest users, to get to the normal page.

If you then clear your cookies and login a-new it "works" again, until you click "Do not show on startup" to the License message - then error is back.

Anyone experience same issue, or know if it is a known bug?

I have attatched screenshots of the messages.

assurance.bmpnoaccess.bmp

Thanks.

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

Have tou seen the following TAC case:

CSCuc26114 - Prime Infrastructure Lobby Admin gets access error when logging in

Symptom:

When a Lobby Administrator logs in using the local db or AAA they receive the error "You do not have access to the page 'Monitoring Dashboards'" when in Lifecycle view and "You do not have access to the page 'Overview'" when in Classic View.

Conditions:

It appears that the task "Incidents Alarms Events Access" is needed to eliminate the error and show the main page. This task is not included in the task list for Lobby Administrator.

Workaround:

Add this task to the Lobby Administrator group on the AAA server or create a User Defined group and include this task.

So at a customer we tried to add the following in the ACS group:

task4=Incidents Alarms Events Access

After this the error disappeared

Hope it helps

Mikkel

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to know as I get the same thing

Hi.

Good to hear I am not the only one with this issue

I created a TAC case for this and got a reply, that Cisco acknowledged the bug, and will solve in next update (1.2.1).

This update the TAC engineer said has and ETA for 28. September 2012, so I will be looking for this update.

Thomas.

Seems like an endless journey....upgrade WLC due to bug, which means you have to upgrade NCS, which now has a bug. *sigh* My workaround for our guest web auth fault is looking more and more permanent.

I'll keep an eye out for the upgrade as well. Thanks for the heads up.

All,

Can anyone tell when the fix comes out?

It has now been 28 September ......

Thanks for the update.

Hi.

I asked the TAC engineer the same question and got this reply;

"The ETA is the date that I got from the DE team, it's usually not a fixed date and there might be delay in it due to a couple of extra tests before they release it officially.

However it should be posted in the next couple of weeks."

So sadly it seems we have to wait a little longer before the update is out

Regards

Thomas

sriram.kannan
Level 1
Level 1

IE requires Chrome Frame plugin, so im using firefox for Prime and i have the same issue. I use to delete the cookies for the turn around

Yes, Chrome Frame plugin has been needed in IE since NCS release, which in it self is annoying, but fixable. Sadly our company default, and only allowed browser is IE, and I cannot change it.

It is no problem for me, as I am administrator and can make the workaround on my PC, but our 40 receptionists around our locations are having this login message every day they login, and I cant do anything about it.

So I am very much looking forward to this update where they promised a fix

Thomas.

HI,

any news on this issue?

Finn

Hi.

All I know is it should be fixed in the upcomming release, which apparently is delayed alot.

I have several times requested a new ETA date from the TAC engineer, but havent really gotten anything yet.

Unfortunately we will probably just have to await this update. Will post in here if I hear something.

Thomas.

Hi.

Have tou seen the following TAC case:

CSCuc26114 - Prime Infrastructure Lobby Admin gets access error when logging in

Symptom:

When a Lobby Administrator logs in using the local db or AAA they receive the error "You do not have access to the page 'Monitoring Dashboards'" when in Lifecycle view and "You do not have access to the page 'Overview'" when in Classic View.

Conditions:

It appears that the task "Incidents Alarms Events Access" is needed to eliminate the error and show the main page. This task is not included in the task list for Lobby Administrator.

Workaround:

Add this task to the Lobby Administrator group on the AAA server or create a User Defined group and include this task.

So at a customer we tried to add the following in the ACS group:

task4=Incidents Alarms Events Access

After this the error disappeared

Hope it helps

Mikkel

Hi!

Thank you for the reply.

Actually seems there was a workaround that is rather easy - the changing of tasks would be annoying since you cant do it on the LobbyAmbassador default group.

However, by changing the URL a bit, as stated in the other case on bug tool I ended up with this, that bypasses the error site;

https://SERVERADDRESS/webacs/loginAction.do?action=login&#pageId=guestUserTemplateGeneralAction_pageId&queryParams=command%3Dlist&forceLoad=true

Didnt need to do anything else, works with the local default LobbyAmbassador users aswel.

Thanks for the link!

Thomas

Hi Thomas.

But don’t you need the taskxx= for your TACACS+ configuration, despite the link?

Mikkel

No it seems when you use the modified URL it forces it to load the guest user list instead of the monitor page it doesnt have accesss to - so no changes on task list needed.

Edit; Seems that Internet Explorer strips the changes to the URL before login sadly - my test with firefox it seems to work though.

Thomas

Same issue in cpi 2.0.294 back ;((

The customer found out that the issue could be reproduced in IE 10, not in IE 11, and not in Firefox 26

Any idea to fix it in IE 10 ?

Jacky

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco