Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 LobbyAmbassador login error

Thomas Husum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

After updating my NCS to Prime Infrastructure 1.2 yesterday, my LobbyAmbassador users get an annoying error at login.

First login was fine - it loads the Guest User List, but a new message pops up because of a new Evaluation License for Cisco Prime Assurance manager that expires in XX days.

If you click "Do not show on startup" to this message, at next login you get an error; "You do not have access to the page 'Monitoring Dashboards'".

After this error you have a blank page. Then you have to go to user preferences and click list guest users, to get to the normal page.

If you then clear your cookies and login a-new it "works" again, until you click "Do not show on startup" to the License message - then error is back.

Anyone experience same issue, or know if it is a known bug?

I have attatched screenshots of the messages.

assurance.bmpnoaccess.bmp

Thanks.

Thomas

21 Replies 21

Interesting:

The same error came up on a brand new CPI 2.0.294 installation when logging in as Lobby Admin.

What could be the reason here ?

Do we also have a bugfix patch ?

Thanks

Jacky

Hi Jacky,

I am not aware of any error on the prime 2.0 platform and the lobby interface.

Try google chrome.

Thomas Husum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

There is finally a patch out from Cisco that solves this problem; "pi_patch_1.2-2012Oct04"

You can download it under the Prime Infrastructure 1.2 point under software.

I installed it yesterday, and problem is now solved.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

where do I find the patch exactly? I´ve checked PI1.2 software and also patches but nothing found there. Or do I have to update to the 1.2.1 Release now?

Thanks, Florian

Hi Forian,

Send me an emial and I'll send the patch to you. I have it in ZIP format. (pi_patch_1.2-2012Oct04.zip)

frl@netdesign.dk

Nicholas Poole
Level 1
Level 1

Still the same problem in Prime 2.1  I have needed to give basic RO access to a user and got the same useless message which of course doesn't match to a task role.  A very poor error mechanism.

So looked for the same task, and found it.  Its no longer task4 in Prime, but adding this allowed it to work still:

task13=Incidents Alarms Events Access

Why do they have to make this soooooo painful!

Same issue in PRIME Version 2.0 (2.0.0.0.294)

You need to add:

task130=Incidents Alarms Events Access

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco