Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infrastructure 1.2

Joris Deprouw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Yesterday I installed my first Cisco prime infrastructure 1.2.

I'm a bit confused now, is this the integrated version of LMS and NCS? At first sight, there's not a lot LMS in it.

I don't see topology services, netconfig etc.

Since the release of LMS 4.0 I'm struggeling with the licenses every time. No exeptions this time, our customer has + 100 access points and + 100 switches.

We have 125 NCS licenses

Do we need separate licenses for the switches? Or are they included in the NCS license. According to a cisco licensing engineer LMS and WAN are not compatible with Prime Infrastructure 1.2.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Joris              

1 Reply 1

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct in saying there's not much LMS in Cisco Prime Infrastructure.  They are essentially still 2 different products even thought future plans are to combine both wireless and wired mgmt in future releases of Prime Infrastructure.

Licensing will also stay separate for now even though Cisco is generating LMS and WAN license files with Prime Infrastructure...both of which are useless and have only confused the fact. 

Certain contracts allow for migrating LMS licenses to Prime Infrastructure but it makes no sense to do that because the current version of Prime Infrastructure has only a couple of LMS features currently available. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card