cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.0 can not create the guest account on WLC 5508

raymond wang
Level 1
Level 1

The PI can manage the WLC which means the connection between them is ok, but I am not able to create the guest account on it. The WLC has guest SSID with web auth configured correctly..

Any idea why?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you go to, from the Classic Theme, Configure> Controllers - are there any managed w/ warning errors or audit mismatches?

Also, are you able to PUSH a template to the WLC?...try pushing a template that does very little so you can easily back it out.

This is basically just a check to make sure Prime can talk SNMP RW to the controller::::

hi Rob,

I have found the issue. I need to edit the controller and input an ssh account. It is just the snmp read/write confused me. I thought with write, it should be able to create the guest account..

raymond,

that's good to know that it required :

1) not only a RW community string

2) but also as well ssh credentials

i too would have thought option 1) would be all that was required but it doesn't appear that way w/ your response.

the only way i'll go to add devices in is by doing both SNMP RW and ssh at the same time.

now we know

thanks for pointing this out

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: