Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.0: Inventory/detailed HW reports customizing

bastianbrachner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

isn't it possible to run a/one detailed hardware report that includes the chassis information Name, the device name, the chassis serial number?

Example:

Chassis Information Name

Device Hostname

Serial Number

WS-C3750V2-24PS-S

switch1x2

FX31338243d

In my knowledge I have to run a "Wired Detailed Device Inventory" report to get the chassis informatin name and a "Detailed Hardware" report to get the device hostname.

In LMS it was possible to customize the inventory reports. It looks like the Prime 2.0 is not that flexible in customizing the reports or has anyone a tip for me?

Thanks

Bastian

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I also look around to see if the Inventory custom report exist in PI but unfortunately this feature seems to be missing

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, but as far as I know this can't be done with PI 2.0 like it could be on LMS 4.x.

I agree it would be a very useful feature. Add to the reporting the ability to get all members of a switch stack and we would have a winner.

Hello Afroz, hello Marvin,

thank you for your answers.

It looks like the athlet has not yet reached the home stretch...

Bastian

jheddings
Level 1
Level 1

PI 2.1

This may work for you.

Report>Report Launchpad>Device>Inventory

Report Type: APs

Click Customize

Select AP Inventory in Custom Report Name field

Add Serial Number from "Available Data Fields" to "Data Fields to Include"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: