tony.sangha
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Till Date LMS and Cisco Prime Infrastructure are standalone applications and do not operate in sync.

If you deploy a new application server for LMS, it will be working separately and you can have its compliance manager running with this license applied.

Don't expect integration. Even though PI is eventually destined to be the primary NMS application from cisco and LMS to suppose be phased out, still CPI hasn't reached the feature parity as per LMS, so we still offer our customer's option to run LMS for those features they don't find in CPI.

So as per your question :

So does this mean, if I have purchased the compliance licenses, I have to deploy LMS 4.2 to utilize these licenses? 

The Answer is unfortunately yes.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Till Date LMS and Cisco Prime Infrastructure are standalone applications and do not operate in sync.

If you deploy a new application server for LMS, it will be working separately and you can have its compliance manager running with this license applied.

Don't expect integration. Even though PI is eventually destined to be the primary NMS application from cisco and LMS to suppose be phased out, still CPI hasn't reached the feature parity as per LMS, so we still offer our customer's option to run LMS for those features they don't find in CPI.

So as per your question :

So does this mean, if I have purchased the compliance licenses, I have to deploy LMS 4.2 to utilize these licenses? 

The Answer is unfortunately yes.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Fantastic, that's great, thanks . Just one other question, when purchasing Prime Infrastructure Compliance licenses, it says LMS 4.2 is included in the Prime Bundle, therefore does that include the LMS Base license... Do I need this?

Also how does the compliance module work in LMS 4.2, how does it know which devices to report on?

Yes, ideally you should have received multiple PAK or license files, like base license for PI and add-on device license etc. Any one of them having **LMS** in the PAK/Licence file name refers to a LMS license.

You should check more details with the vendor or your cisco's account manager.

LMS has various modules embedded in itself like configuration archive, performance, monitoring, inventory management, compliance manager etc.

It has central device repository from where all these modules get device and credential information. You'll have to configure various compliance jobs/templates etc with one or group of devices to run once or periodically.

Compliance DB stays in sync with LMS and from there you can use it. If you are planning to use Compliance, you can install LMS and use compliance under 60 days evaluation period.

For more details check the document :

Using Compliance and Audit Manager Feature

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: