Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 maps tree view empty

Peter_de_Haas
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

As it says in the title my "maps tree view" is empty.

I've tried saving the configuration and restarting ncs but it has stayed blank.

best regards

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

everyone thanks for your help. the issues have been resolved by deleting a building with the name "root area"

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try with another browser ; check wether the problem persists.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have tried with chrome, firefox, Edge, and internet explorer. the issue has persisted on all browsers

Hello,

Based on Quick Start Guide information:

All Prime Infrastructure users access the appliance from a client web browser. Web client requirements are:

Hardware — A Mac or Windows laptop or desktop compatible with one of the following tested and supported browsers:

– Google Chrome 34, 35, 36 or later

– Microsoft Internet Explorer 10, or 11 (No plug-ins are required.)

– Mozilla Firefox ESR 17, 24

– Mozilla Firefox 30 or later

Display resolution — We recommend that you set the screen resolution to 1280 x 800 or higher.

Adobe Flash Player — You must install Adobe Flash Player on the client machine for Prime Infrastructure features to work properly. We recommend that you download and install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player from the Adobe website.

More information could be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#pgfId-97386

Please ensure that your browser is within supported range. If you are still experiencing an issue with browsing, please proceed with the following:

1. Remove all Temporary Internet Files

2. Remove all cache for side applications (Java cache for example)

3. Re-create your Windows profile (if you are using Windows OS)

And try again. If NCS is running fine it is a client-side issue, so you will need to find appropriate browser version to display all server-side data correctly.

hi,

the problem is happening on 4 browsers on 2 laptops and 1 thin client, across 3 different windows accounts and with 2 different prime users.

I highly doubt that it is a client side problem

Hello,

OK, then please do the following:

1. Get admin password account for PI server

2. Get root password account for PI Web Portal

3. Login to PI server via SSH or console

4. Stop NCS with ncs stop command

5. Cleanup NCS database with ncs cleanup command

6. Start NCS with ncs start command

7. Ensure that all services are in running state with ncs status command

8. Login to PI Web Console and check will it help or not and report a result

Also you can consider to restore NCS (if there any backups being done) before a date when issue has occur and check are you able to retrieve correct data from Web Console or not.

ncs has been stopped, cleaned up, and restarted.

backups will be a last resort for now.

is there a settings somewhere that defines what the maps tree view displays? perhaps it is set up wrong

or some kind of (auto) discorvery task that needs to be enabled?

Hello,

By default a site map view is based on Virtual Domain you have an access to. Is there only ROOT DOMAIN defined for you and there is no other Virtual Domains your user account belongs / have an access to?

thank you so much!

now to rectify this, is there a way I can move all my sites to the ROOT-DOMAIN virtual domain without losing my current buildings/maps?

Hello,

Site maps are not directly mapped to Virtual Domain. Virtual Domain is a logical entity to group objects in Prime Infrastructure and provide an access to it for user accounts. More information could be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/maint_user_access.html

So to answer your question - yes you can delete all Site Maps, Devices and Groups from Virtual Domain you've got and it will be automatically assigned to ROOT DOMAIN.

You can rate this post if you want or mark it as a solution, if it was helpful :)

just to verify if I remove the items from the virtual domains that they are in now, they will not be removed from prime?

just wanting to be sure before I undo all of our work getting it filled in

Hello,

If you go to Administration -> Virtual Domains, click on sub-domains you have, chose all site maps, devices and groups and then click Delete it will not remove this items from Prime, it will just remove them from Virtual Sub-domain and assign them back to ROOT DOMAIN. 

everyone thanks for your help. the issues have been resolved by deleting a building with the name "root area"