cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.0.3 update 4 won't download tech pack pi_technology_package-3.0.2-1.0.56.ubf

bkoch1
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting the error message "There was an error downloading pi_technology_package-3.0.2-1.0.56.ubf. This error is often caused by discrepancies between what is downloaded and the attributes of the files which were expected. Reason: VALIDATION_FAILURE."

If I try installing the file manually, I keep getting this error: "An error occurred while uploading file:

There is text file "dot11aDcaDetail.jsp" in patch "jspfiles". Recommended way to change text file is via config fragment handler.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

People had reported a lot of issues with the PI 3.0.x releases and tech packs. It usually takes TAC intervention to get them to play well together when you run into those issues.

Have you considered just going ahead and upgrading to PI 3.1? It's generally much more stable and will also give you support for the 3800 series APs.

If you cannot upgrade, then I would recommend you contact the TAC for resolution of the PI 3.0.3 issue.

We currently have the Gen 1 appliance. I haven't tried the upgrade script to 3.1 yet to see if it will work.

Yup, just as I feared: the 3.1 upgrade script doesn't work on the Gen 1 appliance. BOOOOOOOOO!!! We even upgraded the amount of  memory on it to 64GB. That stinks that Cisco has pigeon-holed the Gen 1 appliance. You can upgrade the memory and disks in them for more space. With 16 CPU cores already, it has the ability to handle small to mid level workloads.