Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.0 and WiSM2

IP-Services
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

At the time I'm testing PI3 and want to manage my WiSM2 Controller and APs over PI3.

The WiSM2 is discoverd successfully as an Device and in the Register Inventory/Devicemanagement/Network Devices Wireless Controller I see the Device Groups / Device Type / Wireless Controller - Cisco Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2). But in the Devicegroup is no device.

In PI 2.2 was the WiSM2 automatically moved to the devicegroup Wireless Controller.

How can I move the device to the Device Group Wireless Controller?

Greetings

Ludwig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I logged a job with Cisco and have resolved this issue. If you apply the below patch, then restart the ncs service and then sync the controller, it should work.

Be careful if you are installing other files, eg technology packs because if you install in the wrong order, it can break your system and the only fix is to reinstall Prime, patch to the existing level and reimport your backup. Make sure you always backup.

These logs indicate that the External Redirect URL size is causing the “Inventory collection” to fail. There is a bug that has been already filed for this issue -  CSCuw35307. The fix for the issue is present in the latest PI patch - "pi302_update_02-1.0.7.ubf”. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Peter Arbouin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue. We are running PI3.0 and when adding a patch, the system failed. We had to reinstall PI and patch to the same version we were running then restore our latest backup.

After the restore, we noticed that PI was no longer aware of new access points added to the network. In an attempt to diagnose the issue I removed the controller the new ap's are on from PI and then re-added the controller back into Prime.

Now the controller is no longer viewable in the inventory/controllers section, and all the access points show as down. The controller is visible in Devices, but it does not have the gui, icon.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

I logged a job with Cisco and have resolved this issue. If you apply the below patch, then restart the ncs service and then sync the controller, it should work.

Be careful if you are installing other files, eg technology packs because if you install in the wrong order, it can break your system and the only fix is to reinstall Prime, patch to the existing level and reimport your backup. Make sure you always backup.

These logs indicate that the External Redirect URL size is causing the “Inventory collection” to fail. There is a bug that has been already filed for this issue -  CSCuw35307. The fix for the issue is present in the latest PI patch - "pi302_update_02-1.0.7.ubf”. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: