Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.1 bugs ?

daniel.litwin
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded from PI 3.0 to PI 3.1

After upgrade I noticed the following things:

- FTP access works totally different now. Different command needed to FTP off the box.  Seems like it wants to only use ftp-user for the username.  I had to change the password for the ftp account on PI and it kept telling me to use that username instead of the one I had before.

- you now have to use "shell" instead of "root" to get to the root shell.

- I seem to have lost information related to our wired switches now: on the dashlet called "client count by association/authentication" I have no wired data shown.  I do have my wireless history still.  I can go back a few months and see that exactly on the day I upgraded to 3.1, the wired data graph stops. (see attached)

- Applying templates to switches seems to have changed.  I can't find where to select an individual switch from my list.

Anyone else upgraded to PI 3.1 and are seeing any of these issues?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>....

>you now have to use "shell" instead of "root" to get to the root shell.

Yeah , but the word is that root-privs have been removed from the "shell" (...);  check  using the

id

command (at the shell prompt).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I had opened a TAC case 2 days ago, and found out you can still get root privileges:

in the cli do

shell

<password>

sudo -s

you will have root control then.  I was able to do the normal pwd,ls,cp, etc.  The TAC engineer had me type in the sudo -s command to do more.

FYI

- Doesn't work for me : here's a trail

cisco-prime/ciscoadmin# shell
Enter shell access password :
Starting bash shell ...
ade #
ade #
ade # sudo -s /bin/csh
[sudo] password for ciscoadmin:
ciscoadmin is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

Check your process id , after your 'sudo setup' using ;

id

at the command prompt; ->  are you sure you are root ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

My output:

CABPRIME/admin# shell
Starting bash shell ...
ade # sudo -s
ade # id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel) context=system_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
ade # /bin/csh
[root@CABPRIME ~]#

- So that probably means then that 'admin' is in /etc/sudoers; since I used another account name for admin-tasks upon configuring prime , I guess I am out of luck :-)

Or concluding that root access will still be deprived , if you don't use the default admin account.

M.

Hi,

You just need to create the admin account :

(config)#username admin password  role admin

/admin# shell
Starting bash shell ...
ade # sudo -s
ade # id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel) context=system_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023