Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.3 HA registration fails

mihaidrosu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having trouble registering my 2 PI virtual appliance servers in HA, the message is:

"Error: Failed to perform HA registration as the network interface configuration in the Primary and Secondary are not similar. "

This started after the upgrade to PI 3.3, HA worked just fine on 3.1.7 before, and I can't find this error explained anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea what this means and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Bill Longman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually you see this error if the netmask/gateway info do not match for the same subnet. How did you upgrade? Was it in-place or did you restore from an appliance backup? The latter should have saved all info for network. If you built a new machine and restored from an application backup, you could have changed the settings.

The 2 instances are not in the same subnet. The upgrade to 3.3 was performed in-place for both. The only thing that seems different is that the primary has interface GigabitEthernet 1 and the secondary has GigabitEthernet 0 with IP address configured - but I haven’t found a way to change this.

You should be able to change the configuration from the command line. Ye olde conf term will get you to the low level config info. You can change all the interface info you would expect from there.

What I meant was that i saw in a guide somewhere that the HA registration checks for eth0 speed, and the primary instance uses eth1 and i wasn’t able to configure eth0 on it (didn’t try to delete the interface and configure eth0) - this made some sense considering the error text.

Hello, 

I have exact same issue with PI 3.6. Have you found any solution to this problem?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: