Just had to rebuild my server due to a long list of issues. Now that I started to import all the data again, there are many many devices that once would synch now won't. I am getting SNMP connectivity problems. I have increased timeouts to 300 seconds and checked over and over again that everything was setup properly on both the devices and prime profiles. All the devices that are failing today did not fail before prime crapped out on me.
that being said, this new server has all the latest patches. the old one was a patch behind.
hoping someone can give me some insite here.
- For starters, when adding a new device to Prime , use Verify Credentials to make sure that all credentials (including snmp) are correct. If you are using a VM check your hypervisor as to the VM-machine-resources being used (CPU, Memory, DIsk...) , make sure that they are not getting exhausted. Also make sure that your Prime server has been sized according to the number of devices that are managed :
I have tested with Verify Credentials several times on these devices. They pass every time.
From the cli, I do a SNMP walk and it fails. I removed the access list on SNMP on the device and it fails. I added public snmp and that works.
Nothing has changed on the devices and I am using the same credentials on hundreds of other devices and it works. All of these at this point seem to be 3850's. That being said, there are other 3850's that are working ok.