Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.8 : Unable to download software image from cisco.com

ssambourg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to import Switch Software images from cisco.com into Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.8.

CCO account and EULA are authenticated and validated.

The job failed with this : Failed to get response CCO20201216-PI3_8_jobFailure.jpg

The image recommendation is working fine for this job, so I assume the connectivity to cisco.com is OK.

For the 2 EULA conditions, I clicked on view and scroll down and click Accept.

Any idea ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Another thing , check this link : https://software.cisco.com/download/eula  , it should probably say something like You have already accepted the latest version of EULA. Thank you. -> If not you may want to go trough this process again.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a sanity check by trying to download manually with a host on the same subnet as the Prime server (and use  the same cco-credentials)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

Sorry for that, obviously I tried to download it manually with same CCO account.

I just try again with my CCO account from the same subnet, that works fine.

Do you use to import from cisco.com to PI 3.8 ?

- Make sure the Prime-server is not restricted by any Firewalling rules when connecting to the Internet. Sometimes Prime users implement a new Prime host but forget to discuss Internet-requirements with the Network Manager(s).

M.

This is the same firewall rule used by the PI3.8 and the device in the same subnet than PI3.8.

I checked at first the firewall log and the traffic passed with the success. 

Ok, also as an extra test have a UNIX shell open on the Prime server and issue : % wget -v http://www.cisco.com/

M.

Hi,

As explained, the image recommendation generation works well, so I assume that it can reach www.cisco.com.

So the wget finish with a HTTP 200 OK as expected.

20201216-PI3_8_jobFailure_wget.jpg

If there is a Firewall issue, the software image recommendation generation won't be OK, is that correct ? 

- Are you using Prime in FIPS mode ?

M.

After checking show security-status, I saw that the FIPS is disabled.

- When a download is tried from a same unix shell issue : % tail -f /var/log/messages , then start the intended download and follow-up the live-log of the monitored message-file. Also check the below link :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-7/admin/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_7_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_7_AdminGuide_chapter_01000.html

Pay attention to the section : 

View and Manage General System Logs

Try to get a view or download of the files mentioned, and analyze them. Check further Prime logging settings in this document to get a more verbose-view on the issue, if possible.

M.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Another thing , check this link : https://software.cisco.com/download/eula  , it should probably say something like You have already accepted the latest version of EULA. Thank you. -> If not you may want to go trough this process again.

Hi,

it was the EULA on this link. Strange because EULA was accepted from PI software image import menu.

Thanks for your help