cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure - compiance fix job doesn't push all switchport commands

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

I try to check the templates on the switches for compliance and i managed to fully check it. I also managed to create a fix job for every fault that could be present for a quick and easy fix. Only one of the fixes isn't working and that is the one to set the "switchport" command configuration correct.

In the fix job i first set every incorrect possibility off with "no switchport ...". After that i enter the 3 switchport commands which should be present in the template. The problem is that only the first of those has been done. The other ones aren't present in the config.

The following is what put int the CLI fix field:

template <1.1>
no switchport access vlan
no switchport block multicast
no switchport block unicast
no switchport port-security
no switchport trunk allowed vlan
no switchport trunk encapsulation
no switchport voice detect cisco-phone
no switchport voice vlan
switchport trunk native vlan 10
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
exit

after the fix job only switchport trunk native vlan 10 is present on the the template.

I have similar fixes like this and those are all working fine.
Current Prime version is 3.3.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

I found the reason. 

It depends on the switch. for 2960 and 9200 switches it is not required to set the trunk encapsulation method because they only have one option. For the 3560 where I am testing my templates it it requires the trunk encapsulation because it can be dot1q or isl. 

Problem is that the fix job still returns succes even when the CLI fix is not executed completely succesfull. it just stops the CLI fix commands for that specific fix and returns no info to prime. Only the switchport specific fix in my case is stopped. the other once still continue as they should.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It's probably a bit of a defaulted answer, but make sure that the Prime version being used (which you don't mention) is not too old, and if you are in a specific train , then patch it up to the latest patch-release.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

ah yes. Should have done that.

I edited the post and added the version.

We are plannning to update prime soon to 3.6. 

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

I found the reason. 

It depends on the switch. for 2960 and 9200 switches it is not required to set the trunk encapsulation method because they only have one option. For the 3560 where I am testing my templates it it requires the trunk encapsulation because it can be dot1q or isl. 

Problem is that the fix job still returns succes even when the CLI fix is not executed completely succesfull. it just stops the CLI fix commands for that specific fix and returns no info to prime. Only the switchport specific fix in my case is stopped. the other once still continue as they should.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: